Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CS Research & the $2 survey



Well, well, well I checked my mail yesterday and all the way from Van Nuys, California comes this survey with a $2 bill!  Seems that CS Research would like me to answer just a few questions.  In their letter, they assure me that a) they are not trying to sell me anything, b) they will NOT sell my personal information or opinions to third parties.  

Since Direct Mail or Direct Response is such a tough sell they've included a crisp $2 bill so that I will feel compelled to fill out their 45 question survey complete with all information about my household income, ethnicity, square footage of home, what kind of garage I'd rather have, etc.   It just seems to me that while they say that they will not "sell" the information to any third parties that from the questions being asked that there is either a lending institution, mortage company or home builder behind this survey. 

I don't have time to scan this letter in but apparently they've sent this out to a few people because I found one other person who got a letter for $1!  I guess I made out!  LOL

So what should I do?  They've paid me $2 already. Maybe I'll just go out to the Dunkin Donuts and treat myself to a coffee and donut!

5 comments:

  1. I got the same survey with $1.00. Not going to do anything with it as I felt they would know too much about me and my house... Can't be too careful these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just received one with 1.00, I guess you did make out. LOL

    So keep the money, toss the survey, or toss them both..........hummmm, it reeks of something, sales pitch is too obvious, maybe a new technique for some kind of scam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the $2 survey too! If they are sending these out across the country (I am in CA) they sure spent a lot on this survey... does that make me more or less compelled to answer their questions? hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like more and more people are getting this survey. Must be another round of surveys going out. So by my account it seems like they do this what - every April & May?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got it too. For $1. What's the common denominator? My wife and I just bot/ sold a home, that's all I can think of. Anyone?

    ReplyDelete