Monday, November 9, 2009

Demi Moore Blames Age for Lack of Roles


As Demi Moore embraces her new growing image as "mrskutcher" on Twitter, she admits her film career has been stifled all because of her age.

"The frustrating part is that the type of roles I'd be interested in are not really coming to me. I hate to say it's a function of my age [47]-but yes, I think in some ways it is. The majority of [female] roles are geared between 25 and 35," she says in the December issue of W Magazine.

On how Twitter is transforming her image: "People are much more interested in what I have to say directly, and that really changed the whole dynamic I have with fans...I can't impress enough the difference in how people are perceiving me. They're getting to see who I am."

On being labeled a "cougar" for her relationship with 31-year-old actor Ashton Kutcher: "I'm certainly not the first person to be in a relationship with a younger man, but somehow I was plucked out as a bit of a poster girl. I don't know why that is. But I just kind of step back sometimes and say, 'There is some reason, and what is it that I have to share in a positive way?...I'd prefer to be called a Puma."

Ashton's positive influence on her life: "The love he has for me makes me a better person by giving me the courage to take risks. I can fail and have someone who loves me just the same. I never knew it was quite possible."

How motherhood changed her life: "One of the things that hit me very strongly was the realization that what we do is not who we are. I had worked my whole life. Until I became a mother, that's the only way I measured my value."

No comments:

Post a Comment