Sunday, November 8, 2009

Taylor Swift Mocks Kate Gosselin, Kanye and Joe Jonas on 'SNL'

Taylor Swift, host of this week's 'Saturday Night Live,' didn't spend much time addressing Kanye West's stage storming incident. She made brief mention in an opening song that included all the topics she doesn't want to talk about: her break-up with Joe Jonas and "that werewolf from 'Twilight'", Taylor Lautner. Later in the evening she even spoofed Kate Gosselin.



"You might be expecting me to say something about Kanye and how he ran up on the stage at the VMAs," she sang. "But there's nothing more to say, 'cause everything's OK. I've got security lining the stage."

She also referenced her nasty breakup with Joe Jonas: "You might think I'd bring up Joe Jonas, that guy who broke up with me on the phone, but I'm not gonna mention him in my monologue. Hey Joe, I'm doing real well. Tonight, I'm hosting SNL but I'm not gonna brag about that in my monologue. La la la. Ha ha ha. La la la."

Later she spoofed Kate Gosselin, complete with the famous reverse mullet, on 'The View.'



Speaking of Lautner, a clear stand-out was the beautifully-shot Digital Short spoof of Twilight that subbed a Frankenstein-monster family for vampires and featured Swift doing an impeccable mopey-Bella:



Swift inspired more of a female, girly-in-the-best-sense sensibility in SNL than it’s shown since the Tina Fey-Amy Poehler days. I’m thinking, for example, of a sketch such as the one in which Swift and Nasim Pedrad played delightfully devoted-to-each-other roommates, irritating a boyfriend played with fine exasperation by Andy Samberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment