Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Adam Lambert, Former 250-Pound 'Ugly Duckling' (VIDEO)

Adam Lambert hasn't always been as comfortable in his skin as he appeared during his hypersexed AMA performance. Back in high school he was the fat kid--and now getting a reaction from his audiences helps him love what he sees in the mirror when he takes off all the makeup.

"I suffered from a little bit of an ugly duckling complex early in my twenties and definitely in my teens," he told Morning Jolt's Larry Flick on Sirius radio. "When I was in high school I was 250 pounds and that creates some stuff...some body image stuff, some confidence issues and I got a lot of my confidence from the validation I got as a performer."

In the second clip Lambert talks about the meaning behind the track "Soaked," which was written by Muse's Matt Bellamy, off his new album For Your Entertainment.

"I think the lyrics to me personally are about one night stands," he said. "Being soaked in booze...searching for something to fill that void... And you see that guy at the bar, or that girl, or that tranny, and they're just searching, and it's always the same thing and that's what the song says...it's not the first time, it's not the worst crime and your soul will be OK."



No comments:

Post a Comment