Wednesday, December 16, 2009

'Lost' awesomeness: Tease poster site revealed! The GQ round table! And a season six burning question!

Straight from EW.com for you LOST fans;

by Jeff Jensen

In my Doc Jensen column that posted today, I told you all about “The Lost Underground Art Project” and how the final poster in the fan appreciation campaign will include two teases about season six. I also said that I would Tweet the web address for the poster when it became available tonight at an exhibition of all the posters at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles. Well, guess what? You don’t have to wait that long: the address is nothingsforever.com. Now, if you click there right now, you’ll find… nothing. But you won’t have to wait… forever. I have no idea when the new poster will be unveiled in that space, but I do know that it will be there by tomorrow–and I’m sure it will sell out fast. Still, I’m confident the image will be online for all to see. So after you examine it and spot the teases, please come back here and share what you think you see, as well as email me at docjensenew@gmail.com. I’m still going to be going to the opening tonight–look for some Tweets at twitter.com/ewdocjensen.

By the way: GQ.com just posted the second in a sprawling three part interview with the Bad Robot team: JJ Abrams, Bryan Burk, Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci. I was particularly intrigued what Damon and Cartlon had to say about season six — particularly Cuse addressing how the show scared away people who yearned for a rational solution to mysteries and Lindelof’s concern about how fans will react as they see “the answers” finally unspool and watch their theories go up in smoke. Interesting. I’m not sure I ever thought about it that way. As much as I love puzzling through the show and speculating and dreaming over-thought, over-cooked possibilities, I don’t watch Lost to see if my theories are accurate, and my satisfaction does not hinge on being proven right. For me, there’s the enjoyment of theory-making — and there is the enjoyment of the story that Lost is telling. And those are two separate things for me–and when it comes to season six, it’s more about the latter. I can’t wait to see all of THEIR story, finally, at long last.

But maybe I’m unusual. Maybe most of you have been hanging on for all these years to see if your theory is true. Have you? I’d love to hear your reactions in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment