Monday, January 4, 2010

Desperate Housewives - Deaths on Wisteria Lane


So all how was it to find out that Karl bit the big one? You know it only made sense that they killed off Karl, no harm no foul. As for Lynette losing one of the babies again this was kind of a nonstarter we knew something was going to happen to her. I will say though that this episode was one of the saddest of the season. It tugged at the heart strings while giving us pertinent information about each person and their possible future outcomes as seen through the many "what if" scenarios.

I for one will miss the character of Karl probably as much as I miss Edie because he injected something other than the norm to the ensemble. His funeral service was touching and left us pondering over the "what if's" in life. As for Lynette's loss, Felicity Huffman showed such a range of emotion that even I teared up while watching her in the hospital bed as Tom told her that they had lost the baby but the other one is just fine. I really loved the dream she had in which she was able to see her son (Patrick) graduate from school. Was his speech not riveting! And when Gabby came to visit her in the hospital touching especially when she told her what they were going to name him.

As for the lady trying to blackmail Angie & Nick well we saw that coming about a mile away. I have to admit I'm glad that she died but I also am left wondering if she told anyone about what she had learned as a way of double crossing them??

As for Carlos & Gabby their what-if was kinda right of out Sunset Blvd meets Grey Gardens! I was glad to have Gabby wake up to the realization that she could not live her daughters life.

Susan's scenario was rather funny but when aren't Susan's? I mean come on. Susan, overweight because she stayed with Karl, eating herself into self loathing. I loved it!

Absent was Katherine from this episode so I guess she's off to the psychward for a bit of R&R.

Only time will tell how our Wisteria friends will fair but I for one am locked in for the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment