Thursday, May 20, 2010

CW Cancels Melrose Place 2.0


Ok, now this news sucks! Leave it to the folks at the CW to not only bring back an iconic show like Melrose Place but to cancel it after one season! Come on, even the old MP (1.0) had to be revamped after the first season. If you ask me the mistake here was NOT bringing Heather Locklear on board from day one. I mean ok, I liked that they brought Sidney back from the dead but even with that they really didn't explain the whole back story effectively. Then they had some rather sappy characters. Can anyone not agree that Riley should have been shot or killed right out of the gate. The character was such a bore. Even Allison was a better character from the original. And believe me that's saying a lot.

MP 2.0 did one thing successful and that was how it weaved in the old and new characters into the current storyline. I think 90210 could take a lesson in this area.

I'll miss that MP 2.0 is gone. It was just getting it's legs and standing up with Heather Locklear back in the saddle. Here's to hopes that FOX will grab it back and reboot the reboot! LOL

2 comments:

  1. AGREED!!! Why are there no points/counter-points here?? I miss my Melrose, all over again... :^( Ella Simms & AManda Woodward- eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "point" is in the article being written and making the point that Heather Locklear should had been brought on in the beginning as I'm sure you agree. Any counterpoints? What do you all think could have made this reboot as golden as 90210?

    ReplyDelete