Monday, June 28, 2010

Lady Gaga Debut's new song; "You & I"

At Elton John's White Tie and Tiara Ball last Thursday in New York City, Lady Gaga graced the crowd with a brand new, rock-tinged piano ballad titled 'You and I.'

"This song is very, very dear to my heart, and I just wrote it," Gaga said in her introduction. "It's a bit of a rock 'n' roll tune, which means it will most likely never get used as one of my singles."



Lyrics we were able to glean:

It's been a long time since I came around
It's been a long time, but I'm back in town
And this time, I'm not leaving without you
You taste like whiskey when you kiss me
Oh, I'd give anything again to be your baby doll
Yeah, this time, I'm not leaving without you

He said sit back down where you belong,
In the corner of my bar with your high heels on'
Sit back down on the couch where we made love the first time, and you said to me
Something, something about this place
Something about lonely lights and my lipstick on your face


We love a catchy, dancey Gaga tune as much as ... well, everyone ever, but this passionate rocker is certainly tasty. And it's great to get back to the music de Gaga, rather than the spectacle and the Seinfeld feud.

No comments:

Post a Comment