Thursday, June 24, 2010

LaToya Jackson visits with Bubbles for a documentary


After 20 years of estrangement, La Toya Jackson has reunited with her late brother's pet chimp for an emotional Animal Planet documentary, "Michael Jackson & Bubbles: The Untold Story."

Jackson, 54, is seen visiting the Center for Great Apes in Florida, which 27-year-old Bubbles - who toured with Michael and appeared in his music videos - has called home since 2004.

Though Michael had been to the sanctuary several times before his death last year, this was the first visit by any other Jackson family member, reports the Highlands Today newspaper.


"Oh, I want to kiss you, I want to hug you but I know I can't because you're so big!" Jackson tells Bubbles before breaking down into sobs. "You remember me, don't you? I miss you, Bubbles."

"He looks the same to me," she says later in the documentary, which airs tonight. "The eyes, everything's the same. You see just a more mature person."

According to Highlands Today, Jackson's visit brought back memories of her brother. "She is still mourning her brother's death," said sanctuary director Patti Ragan, "and Bubbles reminded her of Michael."

And I say, has her career gotten so bad that she has to revisit Bubbles? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment