Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dancing With The Stars Cast Revealed

The 12 participants for the next edition of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars were announced tonight during a live teleconference in Hollywood. They are:

Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, from MTV’s Jersey Shore

David Hasselhoff, best known for his roles on Baywatch, Knight Rider, and America’s Got Talent

Rick Fox, retired pro basketball player from the Los Angeles Lakers. “They had concerns about my height,” Fox told EW after the press conference. “Jason Taylor broke a little bit of the mold, which made it possible for me. There aren’t a ton of tall female dancers, so it puts a strain on those women. But I’ve shaken a lot of the fears of whether my body could actually do some of the things I’ve seen on this show.”

Bristol Palin, daughter of ex-Alaska governor Sarah Palin.

Kurt Warner, retired NFL quarterback

Florence Henderson, best known for her role TV’s long-running comedy The Brady Brunch

Audrina Patridge, from MTV’s The Hills. “When they asked me, I was like, `Yes, I want to do it!’ We get to learn from professionals, very talented dancers. But it is intimidating because it’s live, and, I mean, there are so many different dances to learn. I’ve never done this before!”

Michael Bolton, singer-songwriter

Brandy Norwood, singer-songwriter and star of the old UPN comedy Moesha

Margaret Cho, comedienne and current co-star of Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva. “I’m so out of my element. Everybody is so classy,” she told EW. “If this was Dancing with the Whores, I would do better. But it’s not, so we’ll see.”

Kyle Massey, best known for starring in Disney Channel’s That’s So Raven

Jennifer Grey, actress best known for starring in Dirty Dancing. “It felt like the right time,” said Grey, who’s been approached by the show before. “It felt like, `OK if not now, when? What if I did something that would be fun? What if I just went for it I love the idea of it. It’s not what I used to do but I feel like, right now there is where my head is at. I have to walk through fear to go to joy.”

The professional partners won’t be revealed until Wednesday. Dancing with the Stars returns on Sept. 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment