Monday, April 20, 2009

Meghan McCain warns of looming civil war in the GOP

"I am concerned about the environment. I love to wear black. I think government is best when it stays out of people's lives and business as much as possible. I love punk rock. I believe in a strong national defense. I have a tattoo. I believe government should always be efficient and accountable. I have lots of gay friends. And yes, I am a Republican," she told a cheering crowd.

Meghan McCain addressed a group of gay Republicans in Washington Saturday.

Meghan McCain warned a group of gay Republicans Saturday that there was "a war brewing in the Republican Party" – a war between the past and the future.

"Most of the old school Republicans are scared s***less of that future," she told a gathering of the Log Cabin Republicans, a group of gay and lesbian party members.  "I feel too many Republicans want to cling to past successes…I think we're seeing a war brewing in the Republican Party," she said. "But it is not between us and Democrats. It is not between us and liberals. It is between the future and the past…

So, is Meghan correct?   Has the Republican party lost touch with the current state of affairs?  Can the Republican party make itself over before the 2012 elections and if so who do you think will run on the Republican ticket?

1 comment:

  1. That party has not only fallen out of touch with the American public but is in need of a long over due overhaul. I think Meghan is correct and I'm a Democrat!

    ReplyDelete