Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Thank you for being a friend"

Beatrice Arthur, 'Golden Girls' star, dies at 86

Beatrice Arthur, an icon of '70s TV as the star of Maude, and then one of the staples of '80s TV as one of the leads inThe Golden Girls, has died at age 86.  I can't tell you how sad I am to hear this news today.  I loved the Golden Girls and remembered seeing Bea Arthur on All in The Family and Maude.  "Thank you for being a television friend!"  Have any favorite Golden Girls, All In The Family or Maude moments you care to discuss?


3 comments:

  1. Oh two golden girls down and two to go - say it ain't so! I'm feeling old myself now. Things like this tend to make you think of where the time has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to sad! She was one of my favorite Golden Girls behind Betty White. Betty is my all time fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really sad hearing this over the weekend. She was one of a kind. I love that GG's episode where they are in Jail and she says that she was in "Attica" and the other lady says "that's a men's prison" and she says "I know it was a year before they found out..." or something like that. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete