Thursday, May 21, 2009

80's Sci Fi Series - V is back!

Science fiction has a long tradition of embedding political messages into far-out scenarios. Most recently, The Sci Fi Channel's Battlestar Galactica remake held a mirror up to many of the Bush era's dilemmas.

Now, it looks like ABC is putting out a remake that flips the script. See if you can catch the oh-so-subtle parallels in this trailer for V:



Let me start off by saying that I will totally be watching this. Wild cylons couldn't keep me away. Phasers are set on "Teh Awesome!" You get the picture.


The original V had cool effects (for the time), a mean streak of black humor, and a heavy hand for allegory. This new incarnation figures to improve on the effects, at least.

I'm sure Obama might have something to say about the Visitors use of the "Change" slogan.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. OMG Len you are the best! I tell you I loved this show as a kid in Germany and now it's back!!! Can't wait to see it - tell me ALL you know!

    ReplyDelete