Tuesday, June 9, 2009

'Pushing Daisies': Back and Pushing toward it's end. We want more of it!


I must say, for a show that prides itself on its adroit language, I was dismayed to see the dust jacket of Emerson's manuscript read "gum shoe" instead of the correct "gumshoe." Well, maybe now that a publisher has bought it, a copyeditor will sort that out.

But just the fact that I'm talking about the use of clever slang proves how valuable Pushing Daisies is. There's no other show on ABC that approaches its wordplay. I mean, I happened to catch the last few minutes of the show that preceded Daisies this night: Here Come The Newlyweds -- more crappy, cheap "reality" programming! And yet there's only one more new episode of Pushing Daisies to savor.

Isn't it maddening that ABC took so long to release these last three Daisies, building up our fondness for the show again, only to make it disappear forever after next week?   I for one will miss the beloved show.  It's only so often that a show comes along with a great ensemble of characters and actors that feels - well, like family.  There hasn't been an episode where I have not found my mouth open (sometimes more than once) after hearing a cleverly written joke.

Let your frustration flow below, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment