Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing @ The Messa Grill




I'm sure Bobby Flay is a nice guy and is rather good at cooking BUT my experience at Messa Grill last night was nothing near as divine.   Talk about small portions and BIG prices.  I've eaten at hole-in-the-wall's that have given me three times as much food for the price and sent me home with a doggy bag!   The total bill for this meal with tip ran about $89.00 and I left feeling a bit hungry for real food.

Our waitress was a real peach and she was really working the table too.  She must have asked me 5 times if I wanted another drink.  But at between $12 to $14 a pop I had no problem saying "no" and sticking to my guns.  Heck, I could have bought 12 Coronas for the price of two margarita's here and believe me when I tell you that they were not worth it.

The main entree was so small (see below) that I almost laughed out loud to the waitress when it was delivered.  It looked like a small tea-cup chiwawah had been roasted and served up to me for dinner.

The dessert looked like store bought flan in size but I must admit it did taste really good.  But again still SO not worth the price.

The only reason I went in the first place was because my friends Aunt wanted to check the place out since she was from out of state.  So would I return to Messa Grill, probably not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment