Monday, November 16, 2009

To Eat or Not to Eat at the Lemon Tree

In this economy one needs to wonder WHY they keep opening up more restaurants in a town like Dobbs Ferry?

As a resident of this laid back town right out of the Andy Griffith show era (which is what you would think if you compared notes with how the town runs itself) one need only look out ones own window to see that the economy is at a virtual stand still.

Just in the last 6 months alone three businesses have either closed or announced that they are closing and all of these on Cedar Street. This by-the-way is the street that leads to Main Street which is itself hasn't seemed much like a "main street" in years.

That aside let me go back to the original reason of why I'm writing this blog. The Lemon Tree on Cedar Street. Now I must give the owners of this place credit. It really does look all inviting and it sure is a step up from what was there before. But do we really need another Asian Cuisine restaurant on the street? We already have Tenbo and it's affiliate Chinese restaurant and Sushi Mikes down at the end of the street. I went to get something to eat at the Lemon Tree based on a referral from a friend and let me start by saying that the Pepper Chicken lunch special is good. However, the rice sucks big time. If you can substitute the rice for something else and be glad you listened to me. It was the most horrible thing I'd ever tasted and believe me I know my rice.

If I were to rate the Lemon Tree out of 5 stars I will give them 3 and leave open the option to return later to see how their food is during another part of the day. One of my reasons for this rating is the fact that the place looked like a ghost town when I went in. I went in during a peak lunch hour on a Saturday and the place could have substituted for a saloon out of Wild Wild West of days gone by. That and for the fact that parking in Dobbs Ferry is like non-existent. Just in the time alone spent looking for a parking spot one could be at home and be halfway done with making their own meal.

As for the Lemon Tree, I think I'll be back but I may be skipping the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment