Saturday, April 18, 2009

Susan Boyle from Britain's Got Talent

Ms Boyle, a 47-year-old church volunteer, hails from the same West Lothian region of Scotland as the SNP leader.

She won a legion of fans around the world with her rendition of I Dreamed A Dream from the musical Les Miserables, for the ITV show Britain's Got Talent.

Ms Boyle won over a sceptical audience to become a global phenomenon following her appearance on the show. Her performance has been watched by millions online.

She has been catapulted into the limelight in America, where her story has been featured on US morning shows and news programs.  

When she came to the stage I rather found myself pulling for her after noticing the audience reaction to her at first sight.

What can I say, I have always been one to root for the underdog having known first hand how that can be from my early years in life.

Something told me that under that exterior was a breakout star and I was SO happy and cheering along for her when she proved that she's got talent!

Moreover it had me thinking about how we as a people judge others by the way they look or how they hold themselves.  It's rather unfair but even I myself have been guilty of doing it over the years.  I think that in Susan Boyle the world has seen a real lesson to the old adage of "not judging a book by it's cover."

So tell me what do you think?  Is there a life lesson for us here in Susan Boyle?



No comments:

Post a Comment