Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tribeca Film Festival starts today!

The eighth annual Tribeca Film Festival bows amid a turbulent time for movies, which is evident at this year's festival both on screen and off.



The festival, which begins Wednesday, has shrunk to 85 films, down from a high of 157 in 2007. A leaner fest may be a positive for Tribeca, which some have in the past called unwieldy. Sponsorships also are down.

Having gone to the festival every year since it's inception I can personally say that if you have not gone you MUST!  So head on down to Tribeca and enjoy the festival from April 22nd  - May 3rd and let me know what you think. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go and see some of the movies. Are you going to the street fairs and the like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to the opening events. I have to say that I always like going and I'm kinda glad that this year it has gotten a bit smaller. It was becoming too big and cluttering up Tribeca & Lower Manhattan the past two years. I did notice that a few of the sponsors seems to be missing too. Scholastic seems to not be as present as they were in past years.

    ReplyDelete